.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What the heck is going on?


Didn't expect to see this happening.


Well what do you know there's only one undefeated team in the World Baseball Classic and it's Korea. There's no way in hell anyone would have guessed that to be the case 5 games into this thing. I was at the gym last night and the game was on and was surprised to see Korea leading 2-0 in the 2nd inning. Then Griffey hit the jack, still the prettiest swing in baseball, and I thought the fairy tale would end there. But it didn't. Somehow Hee Seop Choi came up to the plate and actually came through when it counted, unlike the countless times he failed to do so with the Dodgers. I thought it was a routine fly ball but it made it over the fence.

Baseball fever is sweeping the Korean community, much like soccer did during the 2002 World Cup run. Pretty much every Korean I know is going to the game tomorrow as will I. It's going to be a hell of a week. As my 9 week diet plan is drawing to a close, currently starting the 9th week, I hadn't done much during the time since it was such a strict plan and I wasn't going to go out to tempt myself, it seems like all those weeks I spent at home are making way for an extremely fun and exciting week. Tonight I head to the Los Angeles Kings game against the Phoenix Coyotes, tomorrow I will head Anaheim for the Korea-Japan game and then Thursday night I am off to Vegas. For my friends who are keeping track, I've lost almost 40 pounds in 8 weeks so far, 37 to be exact, so hopefully I can finish off strong with the even 40 and then I'll need to go some more from there.

The Lakers play a huge game up in Sacramento tonight, I do not want to see a repeat of the last trip in Cow Town when we blew a 4 point lead with 22 seconds thanks to Lamar shooting like a moron with plenty of time on the shot clock. That is a freshman level mistake at the NCAA level, not an NBA mistake, unacceptable. Also UTEP plays Libscomb in the opening round of the NIT for the right to play #1 seed Michigan. As disappointed I am in not making the tournament, I will be even moreso if we do not make it at least to the Garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home