.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, March 06, 2006

Not the ending I envisioned

The basketball team closed out the regular season with a loss to Indiana which is definitely making the Michigan faithful a little bit worried about our supposed "lock" to be in the tourney after we defeated Illinois. I definitely have to say we are probably back on the bubble now with an 8-8 finish in the #1 RPI conference you'd have to say most of the time that team will make it in but we have been horrible down the stretch, another factor the committee takes into account as we are 4-6 in our last 10. At 18-9 overall we are in decent shape but I would feel much better with a win or two in the Big Ten tourney. As long as we get 1 I will rest easier and with 2, pushing us to 20 wins I would say there would be nothing to worry about.

Our matchup in the first round is good as we play a Minnesota team we blew out both at home and on the road so I feel pretty confident in the teams ability to get the W there. No one is sure yet of the availability of Chris Hunter yet but it is reported today that Lester Abram was cleared for Saturday, but Coach decided not to play him. I don't have a problem with that, I would have rather had him rest up for the tourney and it seems as if he will be playing on Thursday which will be a big boost to the team. If we can get Hunter back soon as well then watch out. We have yet to play a game this year at full strength and I know the team can make some noise with everyone together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home