.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, January 09, 2006

Just Ridiculous

Sorry Shaun, you just can't stop him.


Much like I predicted here on Friday, Kobe had a ridiculous night on Friday night going for 48 points including 7 of 7 from behind the arc. Then he topped that by dropping 50 on Saturday, in a much closer game which also included the game winning, nasty looking, running bank, but I'll take it. Friday was a blowout, which I didn't expect considering how bad the team looked but I mean when you've got Kobe hitting everything in sight and Smush Parking chipping in with a career high 24 points on 9 of 10 from the field and 5 of 5 from behind the arc, it should be a blowout. I had some pretty sweet seats in PR 11, although the glass pane they had to I guess protect you from falling over the edge was somewhat annoying as it was directly in my line of sight when they were on the other side of the court. I'll have those same seats on Thursday to go see LeBron James as well.


Neither can you Kyle.

So over the course of two games on consecutive nights, Kobe went for 98 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists. He shot over 50% from the field including a ridiculous 63% from behind the arc. The performance on Saturday was more impressive considering the Lakers started the game hot with a 12 point lead, then went to halftime with a 5 point deficit and then Kobe proceeded at one point to score 14 consecutive points for the Lakers. No matter what they did he kept hitting shots, I've never seen the switch defender on screens follow a player so far deep because even if he was 30 feet from the rim if you gave him any opening Kobe was going to hit it. Great weekend for the Lakers as not only did Kobe rip it up individually the team won both games and so the ending result is this celebration with Kobe and Smush:

Why isn't the rest of the team celebrating?

On the other end of the ridiculous spectrum is Marcus Vick, to think we already called him a moron for doing such stupid things to get kicked off the team at Virginia Tech we now learn that he got in trouble again over the weekend. Vick turned himself into police today after charges that he was brandishing a firearm. Sure he's got the Vick name but after this latest incident is anyone in the NFL going to give him a shot? He is just constantly getting in trouble and what's to think it's going to get better? Although as the betting man I am, I bet that Al Davis and my Raiders will give him a shot, I expected it with Clarett last year but we got Lamont Jordan, with Collins playing like crap and none of the backups showing anything I wouldn't be surprised.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home