.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just when I thought we had a chance they broke my heart

Much like the same cycle that's happened for years the Michigan basketball team will play a great half against a team we don't expect to beat and then get blown out in the second half, much like last night, or they will play a good couple games only to be brought back down to earth, last year's season end or even the beginning to middle of this season. It was the scenario that I exactly envisioned as I drove home last night from work. As the game tipped off right as I was done with work I called my friend back in NY to get a score update but he had none. I told him that it would probably be a close game, enough to keep me interested and watch the 2nd half and then we would lose. Of course exactly how it happened.

It's been extremely frustrating all these years to watch our program. Whenever it seems we're about to turn the corner there's another setback. I'm at a loss now, I don't know what else there is to say. Hopefully they can get it together and kick start it back with a big win over Indiana on Saturday at home on Junior Day for football recruiting, but I doubt it. I'll be the sucker and still watch but won't expect much.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home