.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Recruiting is not for the faint of heart

After yesterday's update regarding Ronald Johnson and Donovan Warren I didn't think anything drastic would happen with recruiting and was just waiting for signing day. Until I get a few calls this morning while I'm driving to work about the Ronald Johnson situation drastically changing within the span of a day. It went from Michigan is the favorite to potentially now we are out of the running. I have no idea what's really going on here. There's a bunch of internet rumors flying around so we will have to wait and see. But if we lost Rojo it would be a big loss but not that big if we were to pickup Donovan Warren.

Unlike with Rojo, our momentum seems to be gaining with Warren and that is a good sign. Corners are of desperate need and if we lose out on Rojo but pick up Warren I'll call it even and move on. If we were to strike out with both though then there would be need for concern. I try not to get worked up over every little rumor online like I did a few years back. Recruiting is very fickle and a heavy lean/silent commit one day can change his mind and go somewhere else very easily. I've said it before and I'll say it again when it comes down to it I want a kid that wants to play for Michigan. If they're easily swayed by a coach smooth talking them or being told about the cold weather and not wanting to play for us then I don't want them. I know recruiting is as tough as ever now but if a kid doesn't want to play for what I believe is the best school in the world then that is their loss. Michigan will go on and one player will not make or break a recruiting class as much as recruitniks say it will. Someone else will have to step up and make plays for our team and hopefully there is someone on our roster right now or incoming that will.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home