.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Morning Thoughts of the Day

I woke up early this morning and as I was getting ready I turned on ESPN of course to watch another re-run of Sportscenter. Lo and behold they start trying to hype up their bass fishing competition that is going to be aired this weekend, I believe and they start talking about records and how the largest bass caught was some 22 pounder back almost 70 years ago or something like that, it was still really early. Then they start talking about how that record could go down this weekend since the competition is earlier in the year when there are more bass around. Next thing you know some guy starts talking while they show a clip or two from Kobe's 81 point game against Toronto and the guy says "This is like a basketball player scoring 80 points in a game or a running back rushing for over 300 yards..." Immediately I think to myself, What the Fuck is this guy talking about? How the hell are you going to compare basketball and football records to a fishing record? Basketball and Football are sports, fishing is a hobby, a recreational activity, anyone can go become a professional fisherman. You just need some good equipment and anyone can go become a professional fisherman. You can't just go buy some new kicks and gear and become a professional basketball player, I just lost it when I heard that this morning. Stupid people think anything is a sport nowadays. I mean I watch and play a lot of poker but I will be the first to tell you that it is definitely not a sport. People need to think about what they're saying on national television before they say it.

Trading deadline less than an hour and a half away and so far the only trade that has been announced is a three way deal which features Earl Watson. Still got some time and trades aren't announced right at the deadline as there will probably be deals that are announced later tonight, so I'm still holding out hope the Lakers do something. Taking on the Queens tonight followed by a "road" game at the Clippers should take both of them down but you never know which Laker team will show up on any given night, come on Mitch just make some moves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home