.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, March 24, 2006

Add another throwback to the collection

I collect jerseys, I have a lot of them. I pretty much use jerseys as most people would use T-shirts. Whenever I go out most of the time you will find me in a jersey, it's just what I do. Pretty soon I'm going to post up all the jerseys I have since I always have people asking me how many jerseys and who I have which is tough when I'm hovering around 60 jerseys now. The shitty thing nowadays with constant free agent signings and trading is how jerseys become old because of the team change. To put a positive spin on it I prefer to call it a throwback. There are a few in my collection starting with the Mike Cameron Mariners jersey, Tracy McGrady Magic jersey and Darius Miles Clippers jersey. The Miles hurt the most since I just purchased his jersey at Staples Center and do something I rarely do, pay full retail value for it. I'm sure I have more but those are the ones that come off the top of my head.

Well I can now add another out of date jersey to the collection, although this one is in a good way as Aaron Brooks has signed a 2 year deal to play for the Raiders. I've always been an Aaron Broks fan as witnessed by my owning a Saints Brooks jersey and I love the pickup for the Raiders. Regardless if the Raiders are going to draft a QB, Vince Young or Jay Cutler with the 7th pick in the draft, it gives them a dependable starter to play for the team over the next two years while the future QB is groomed, or Brooks is still young enough to play for at least 4-5 more years. Brooks has good mobility as well as a very good arm and I think will fit in very well with the team, he adds the mobile element that Kerry Collins lacked.

Speaking of Vince Young he had his Pro Day at Texas yesterday and reviews were mixed. There were some that called it a great workout, Sean Salisbury from ESPN rated it an A- while others called it just ok. One unnamed scout, according to Sportscenter, said there was no comparison between the workouts between Vince and Jay Cutler. The negative points included Vince waiting for his receivers to break before he threw the ball. He wasn't going to run the 40 but ended up doing it after hearing complaints and ran a 4.58 according to ESPN on what is supposed to be a fast track down in Austin. VY is supposed to have private workouts with Houston and Green Bay and possibly Oakland and Baltimore. I think the Raiders will end up getting him, which would make me very happy but part of me still prefers Jay Cutler and thinks that he will be a better pro than VY. Either QB would be fine with me as we would let Brooks play for a few years while the new QB would learn the ropes of the NFL. Draft is only 5 weeks away and the Raiders need a lot of help so I'm eager to see what they'll end up doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home