.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Well this makes me feel better

Ready to trade orange and black for Maize and Blue.

After the stunning news of the Jai Eugene decommitment we were still waiting for 4 possible members of this upcoming class to announce on Signing Day. Well one of those has leaked early and since it's out he has come out and let it be known. Adam Patterson is the latest to decide to head north and don the Maize and Blue for Michigan. He's a DE/DT that could move to the inside if he bulks up more which seems likely. Ranked as the #7 DT and #91 player overall by Rivals its another great pickup as he is latest to leave the south and SEC country for the Big 10. I can't ever recall having this much success in the south and I hope it's a trend that continues.

Speaking of the Jai Eugene situation, there is talk that it is not over yet, granted I highly doubt we're going to get him back but as Lloyd Christmas said "So you're telling me there's a chance!" That's all I can ask for right now but I really can't fault him for wanting to stay close to his son. With signing day coming tomorrow I'll be spending the entire time probably following along on all the recruiting sites for the interviews with all the signees, it's a very exciting day. But at the same time it's just the beginning since as soon as Wednesday night/Thursday morning rolls around we will just start clamoring for news on the juniors, yes we are sick people.

In other news the NBA announced their lineup for the slam dunk contest. In addition to last years champion Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Hakim Warrick and Nate Robinson are going to participate. LeBron James declined an invitation but will be in the skills challenge instead. Obviously Smith, will be the early favorite but I like Nate Robinson this year. Robinson the tiny PG from the Knicks is known for his leaping ability and can surprise. When he does certain dunks it will look that much more impressive due to his size so I think he's got a very good shot at winning this. Warrick is more of a power dunker, much like Amare Stoudamire who was in the contest a few years ago so I doubt he does much. Iguodala is an athlete and can get up as well so I'd put him as the darkhorse. I think I'm one of the few that still looks forward the NBA All-Star weekend but I love it and can't wait for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home