.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, January 30, 2006

Just as things are going smoothly...

Just when we thought recruiting was going great as we secured some huge commitments the past few weeks and with signing day coming Wednesday with talks of us finishing large as well, the carpet was pulled right from underneath us with Jai Eugene just decommitted and decided to stay home with LSU. In most instances I would be extremely upset and disappointed, well I'm still disappointed but I really can't be upset with him because the overriding factor in his decision was he couldn't be away from his family as he has a very young son, I believe he's like 2 or 3. It was his birthday over the weekend and he realized he couldn't leave his son like that so unfortunately our loss is LSU's gain. There are some Michigan fans going overboard on this and yes the timing sucks, and yes losing our only CB in this class, especially one as talented as Jai is going to hurt but you can't fault him as he says he needs to be closer to his son. I wish Jai all the best.

Kyle King, a great Georgia blogger, left me a comment trying to help get more Michigan fans to send letters, e-mails, whatever necessary to Bill Martin to try to get a Michigan-Georgia home and home scheduled. He is on it as he just put another post up with the analogy that Michigan:Ohio State : Georgia:Auburn and gives more support for his argument. I agreed with his suggestion when it first came up earlier this month and he'd like help on the Michigan side for more support on this topic. Granted anyone that reads my site for Michigan stuff pretty much reads every other blogger that he contacted so I doubt it'll reach many other Michigan fans but I'm throwing it out there, contact Bill Martin if you want to see this happen.

1 Comments:

  • No problem, it's definitely something I would love to see. Georgia is definitely a program I like to see to well, I started following them after reading about Hines Ward in SI and I became a fan because of him.

    By Blogger Kenny, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home