.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, December 05, 2005

Where to begin

There's so much to cover from the weekend I don't even know where to start. We'll start from bad to good and on the bad end there's the Lakers who blew a 15 point lead at home against Minnesota on Friday and followed that up with a come from behind win by 1 point against the Bobcats, yes the Charlotte Bobcats. I don't even know what is up with this team, I was going back and forth between the Raiders and Lakers, but all I know is this team is not very good. I expected the playoffs this year but unless some things change, which I am still hopeful they will, this team is just not a playoff team. One positive on the Lakers is the recent play of Sasha Vujacic, who is stepping it up and earning more playing time as the games are going on. Sasha was big in the game against the Jazz last week and was big once again last night as he was perfect from the field and from the charity stripe including two trey's for 12 points. The best one being when Lamar Odom who did not know the shot clock passed it to Sasha with 2 seconds on the shot clock and Sasha knowing the clock immediately threw it up and swished in. Now the Lakers will embark on a 6 game road trip where we should definitely pick up one W, Toronto, and who knows what else will happen.

In positive Los Angeles news the Dodgers are going to sign Rafael Furcal, great news! Bad news? 3 years 39 million??? Now I'm very happy the Dodgers did get Furcal, even better considering the prognosis on Cesar Izturis and how he will be out for almost half the season. But I just think it's too much money at not long enough of a deal for the Dodgers. I have a feeling they will get burned by this a few years down the line as Furcal will be able to bolt after this short deal, just like the deal we gave JD Drew. The possibility in the second half of a Furcal, Izturis middle infield with Kent playing first does make me very happy though. At least McCrook is actually spending some money this year and he damn well should when he rips me off for $30 for a Dodger hat at the Top of the Park store.

My picks this week went 3 out of 5 again so I'll take another +500 week. I've been hitting pretty good on my picks until Bernard Hopkins lost wiping out pretty much a lot of my winnings the past few weeks. I really thought the X-cutioner would get it done this time but once again he did nothing in the early rounds and tried to win it at the end, which he almost did except Taylor got him bad in the 11th which sealed the deal. The fight was disappointing as there wasn't much action but it did go the distance so we had that going for us and watching the fight in HD was dope. At least I've got Castillo-Corrales III to look forward two in a couple months.

Michigan thoughts and weekend recap coming later today.

1 Comments:

  • Definitely agree, I was surprised at the offer as well. My friends and I first celebrated the news on SportsCenter followed by a What the Hell?? when we found out the specifics regarding it. It is too high and too short of an offer, like you said he can leave in 3 years. I am definitely getting excited at the Furcal-Izturis combo though.

    By Blogger Kenny, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home