.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Keep Up the Good Work

Lost in the madness of my disappointment of the Michigan loss to UCLA over the weekend there was the news that Nomar Garciaparra signed a one year deal to play first base for the Dodgers. This means that the fans at Dodger Stadium won't be able to chant Hee Seop Choi! Hee Seop Choi! as they did last year.

In addition today it was announced that Kenny Lofton has agreed to a one year deal with the Dodgers. Outfield was definitely a need after trading away Milton Bradley and Lofton will fill his spot in center field. For some reason Kenny Lofton was one of my favorite players when I was younger while he was with the Indians, partly due to the dope ass shoes he had the Air Zoom something and the other reason being he had the same name as me and there weren't many other athletes named Kenny. Amazing how stupid that sounds but it's true. Lofton is up there in age now at 38 but for one year I can't really complain. I like the moves that new GM Ned Coletti has made so far and I definitely expect us to make the playoffs this upcoming season. I haven't disagreed with any of the moves so far this offseason, maybe except for the length/amount of Furcal's contract but it can be argued that it is good for the organization as it leaves them an out in a few years dependent upon what happens with Izturis.

Dodger Thoughts has a good post up on the recent signing as well as their look at the potential lineup this season. Great job with these signings so far, if we can just add another pitcher for the rotation, or two, and I think we'll be in it this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home