.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, March 14, 2005

Bracket Time!

One of the best times of the year March Madness is upon us. Brackets released yesterday and there were a couple surprises but nothing that big. First I don't believe Washington deserves a #1, I think Oklahoma St after winning the Big XII Tournament should have been given a #1. The committee seems to overvalue the tournament for some teams, ie Iowa, Duke while undervaluing for others ie Oklahoma St.

Where will the upsets come from? Here are a couple I like: UTEP over Utah, New Mexico over Villanova and Penn over BC, I've got a couple more but I'm saving them for my brackets, because I have a low seeded team I like to go to the Sweet 16. For the Final 4, I like Syracuse, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Oklahoma St. My pick isn't that out on the limb but I like North Carolina to win, they are well balanced with inside and outside they run the floor extremely well and the kids are finally mature with McCants, Felton and May all juniors now and add in the super frosh Marvin Williams that's my pick to win it all this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home