.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Final Four

As the madness draws to a close we have the Final Four tomorrow. I got half my Final Four right this year which isn't very good so let's hope I can pick these games better.

Georgetown - Ohio State - I had both of these teams to the Elite Eight so I didn't completely miss on them. I like the Hoyas in this matchup and that's not just because I'm a Michigan fan. Oden has yet to go up against another big man his size in Roy Hibbert, and Jeff Green makes plays. This Georgetown team is definitely more experienced than Ohio State and I believe that will be the difference in the end. I said all along the Buckeyes are too young to win it all this year and I'm going to stand by that statement.

Florida - UCLA - This is the half of the Final Four I had correctly and I'm going to stick with my bracket and take the Bruins over the Gators. Last year UCLA was pretty much dominated by Florida but as numerous articles have mentioned there are two big differences for the Bruins this year, they have Josh Shipp, who didn't play at all during last year's run, and Darren Collison manning the point. DC has shown that he is one of, if not the best PG in the country this year and I believe he makes enough plays to put the Bruins over the top. The Gators return in tact from the team last season and have played great basketball to get back to the Final Four, but in the end I believe the revenge factor from last year motivates the Bruins enough to get the job done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home