.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, March 23, 2007

Sweet Sixteen Part 2

Well my picks were 3 out of 4 last night and I was way off on Texas A&M. I've been getting plenty of shit from my friends about my claims that Acie Law IV is the most clutch player in the NCAA looks like I'll have to take my lumps on that one. Although I was dead on about Ron Lewis, although I really wish I wasn't, as he had 25 to help lead the comeback/choke job in San Antonio last night.

Onto tonight's Sweet 16 games:

North Carolina-USC: The Trojans did a great job in containing DJ Augustin, allowing Kevin Durant to get his but allowing nothing to the rest of the team. That strategy will not work against North Carolina, a well balanced team with a decided advantage upfront in Hansborough and Wright. The run will end for USC here as North Carolina will be too much for them to handle.

Georgetown - Vanderbilt: I've always liked Georgetown since back in the day from when Allen Iverson played for the Hoyas but Vanderbilt is one of my adopted schools because of one of my best friends and the fact that they're usually not good at major sports so it's easy to root for them. That said, I really want Vanderbilt to win, but I don't think it will happen. I don't think that Derrick Byars and co. have enough firepower to keep up with Hibbert and Green.

Florida - Butler: I don't like Florida, I don't think they are as good as they are made out to be but there's no way they're losing to Butler.

Oregon - UNLV: I haven't picked any upsets to occur yet so I think this is where I will. UNLV has played very well getting to the Sweet 16 and they got W's with Kevin Kruger missing everything in sight. I think he gets back on track and the Runnin Rebels advance to the Elite Eight. Oregon does have the type of offense that can explode on you but I think that Lon Kruger will have the answers for it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home