.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm running out of words here

to describe how terrible our basketball team is. Not only that, the Lakers have to go on the worst losing streak of a Phil Jackson led team ever so I've got that to deal with as well. Putting up only 42 points is unacceptable as well as losing to this Illinois team if we were to have any shot at the NCAA's. Now we must win out to have any hope and after being strung along all season I don't know if I can put up with it anymore. Looks like we'll head to the NIT again where the team will probably win a few games and make it to the Garden for the 3rd time in Tommy's reign.

At that point TA will probably spin it as being a positive for our players to get extra practice and improve and all that junk but it's pointless with him as our coach. I remember what an old music teacher told me "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." Meaning that just going through the motions at practice won't do anything to improve you. You have to practice the right way and with TA I don't know if that's actually happening or not. All our players seem to regress as they keep playing in our program and it probably will continue to happen. Unfortunately the end is nowhere in sight and we'll have to deal with this for another year before our administration wakes up and makes a change, I hope not but knowing the Michigan athletic department it probably is.

The Lakers on the other hand have the talent and have shown the ability to play well but are just playing like crap. Perhaps Luke Walton is necessary more than any of us imagined but I don't know what it is with this team right now. Lamar is a shadow of his former self before the injury, I have never seen a player miss so many point blank layups. There was hope for a possibility of Jason Kidd coming to town but that looks like that's gone as well. Andrew Bynum was never part of the discussion from the beginning and he never will be, I do not want to give up the future for 2-3 years with Jason Kidd. Bynum is only 19 and will continue to improve and that is way too much to give up at this point.

The only possibility of an addition may be Scottie Pippen who at his age will probably not contribute much but I'm willing to take a flyer on him. Especially if Luke is out longer than we expect, maybe Scottie can step in where Luke left off. He knows the triangle as well as anyone and would be able to step in immediately and have some impact. All I know is this team needs a shot in the arm and a trade or new signing would hopefully do that for them. The Lakers have been playing horrible ball and need to turn it around otherwise it'll be a first round exit in the playoffs which is unacceptable. Still half an hour to the trading deadline I guess I can still hope.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home