.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, March 31, 2006

Final Four Picks

Still stuck at work on a Friday night, at least this month ends on a Friday so I get my weekend. Definitely looking forward to downing a drink or three and watching the Final Four. I've also got tickets to the Lakers-Rockets game on Sunday which I will end up going to unless I can find a buyer, anyone interested just looking for face $280 in the premiers. Now onto the actual predictions themselves.

Florida-George Mason - This is the early game on Saturday and we shall see if George Mason can continue on their amazing run. I really want George Mason to win, aside from the fact I have some money on them at 9-2 to win the entire tourney, but I don't think it will. The frontcourt tandem of Joakim Noah and Al "I decided to fuck Michigan over by committing and then de-committing" Horford will be too much for the Patriots to handle. George Mason did beat UConn who was everyone's favorite to win the title so we will have to wait and see, anything is possible considering they did make it this far. But I'm gonna go with Florida to win this game, hopefully I'm wrong.

UCLA-LSU - The second game will feature the Bruins against the Tigers and will be a great game to watch. LSU's frontcourt should be able to take care of business as Tyrus Thomas and Glen "Big Baby" Davis will have the advantage over the Bruins hobbled frontcourt as Lorenzo Mata has broken his nose, but will still play, as well as Ryan Hollins who I just heard banged his knee in practice, but I have yet to confirm that from another source. The Cameroon Crazies, Aboya and Mbah A Moute, have done a good job this tourney and I think will continue to but LSU has the advantage in front. Where the difference will be in this game should be in the backcourt where I think the UCLA combo of Afflalo and Farmar will have an even bigger edge over the LSU backcourt. Because of this I think the Bruins will win this game and make a trip to the National Championship game one year earlier than expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home