.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The battle for NIT Supremacy

I really don't like these jerseys but if they keep bringing W's I'll live with it

Tonight the battle for NIT Supremacy takes place as the 2004 NIT Champion Michigan will take on the 2005 NIT Champion South Carolina. Yeah, a lot of people will make fun of it, even I have at times, but in all seriousness I am definitely anxious to watch (follow along online) this game. I do have a TiVo/DVR but the majority of the time I decide to record a game the team I am rooting for ends up losing so I'd rather not take the chance, although it is in HD tonight.

From what I've read it seems that South Carolina is weak on the inside and where we'll have an advantage, especially considering the game that Courtney Sims put up the other night, hopefully he will keep that up. I've said it before but I'll say it again this senior class deserves to go out a winner and I hope they can do that. I don't know of many kids that would have committed to Michigan during the time they came in and stuck with the program when they had to deal with the consequences of things that happened years before they got there. I'm definitely proud of what they've done considering what they had to go through and they truly are Michigan Men.

The Lakers have a big game tonight at Staples against the Spurs. The Spurs come off an easy win against the Clippers while the Lakers had 3 days off since they beat the Hornets on Sunday night. Not many games left in the season and with the slide the Clippers are on there is a chance the Lakers could move up so we need to keep winning. Tony Parker didn't play on Tuesday so maybe he won't play again tonight which would be good, probably doesn't help that we picked up that W in San Antonio last time so they'll be geared up and ready to play.

1 Comments:

  • still wanna say were weak on the inside? we beat you guys with 7 players. Anyways good game man hopefully we will both be in the NCAA's next year.

    By Blogger Ryan, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home