.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Live from San Antonio

Damn, bowl game is here, work which was not busy as of yesterday just got swamped this morning so I can't put up as much as I'd like to regarding the game considering it's starting in less than an hour. Mike Hart is supposed to be close to full strength and hopefully so because we're a completely different team with him. In a disappointing year this will be a disappointing end to the season as the guys at the M Zone posted, regardless of outcome. This game should be an easy victory as the bookmakers in Vegas have predicted with the line opening at 13 but now dropping down to 10.5. We need to win this game, obviously because we hate to lose, but it's one thing for me to have to cry post game after the previous two bowl losses at the Rose Bowl against USC and Texas but it'd be another thing to lose to a bad Nebraska team that we should handle.

The other part that is upsetting is this will be Jason Avant's last game as a Michigan Wolverine. I remember when we were recruiting him and he was one of the recruits I really wanted to suit up in Maize and Blue, granted most of the kids we recruit I'd like for us to sign but for some reason following his recruitment I thought he would be a great fit in Ann Arbor and was my must have recruit of that season and we eventually got him. He's proven me correct on every bit, even my boy Mike who went to Cal but remembers watching the one handed grab against Northwestern two years ago will say that he is his favorite Michigan player. He catches everything in sight and has bailed us out on many occasion on 3rd down. Avant has been a great role model on and off the field and is a true Michigan man. Since it's almost game time and I've got more work to do still I'll leave you with a part of his speech at the team banquet after the season:

"I am so happy that I get one more chance to go out there and play in this uniform. I just cannot describe the feeling I have. I have one more shot to play in this game, and I take it with pride, and I am going to give everything I have just to play for my teammates and just to play for all you fans. God Bless you."

Thanks Jason for all that you've done and the fans definitely appreciate it, you will go down in my book as one of my favorite Michigan players ever.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home