.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Picks of the Week

Well my 3 out of 5 streak continued as Northern Illinois and Vanderbilt covered as did the UCLA-Oregon State over. This week's picks are as follows:

Ohio State -4 @ Minnesota

The Gophers are not that good, and although the Buckeyes aren't as great as advertised I expect them to roll easily. The LB corps of the fucknuts will keep Maroney and Russell in check and I wouldn't expect Cupito to beat them through the air. Word is Ted Ginn is getting in some CB work this week.

Texas @ Oklahoma State Over 58

Although Texas has shown to be a dominant team and has covered every game this year, if I remember that right, the spread for this game at 37 is too high for me to want to mess with even though Oklahoma State is awful. I do expect a lot of points though and probably they will cover easily but I hate making picks with spreads that big because some garbage TD at the end of the game could screw you over.

Missouri -5 @ Kansas

Brad Smith is rippin it and showing the skills that made people consider him a Heisman contender a year or two ago. He is very underrated since other mobile QB's Vince Young and Reggie McNeal are also in his conference but I expect him to have another big game and the Tigers to take down the Jayhawks.

Miami (OH) - 22 @ Temple

Temple is awful, Miami of Ohio is pretty decent with Josh Betts and Ryne Robinson I'll make this pick based on that alone, pretty much everyone has covered versus Temple except the two times I bet on them thanks Toledo and Miami, maybe my luck will change with the other Miami playing them.

Western Michigan -7 vs Kent State

Greg Jennings is a monster, for those of you that don't know on the year he has 69 catches for 897 yards and 11 TD's. Last week they destroyed a Omar Jacob-less Bowling Green team and couple that with the fact that Kent State has one win this year only against SE Missouri St., a I-AA team I believe so the Broncos should take this one easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home