.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, October 21, 2005

Picks for Week 9

I really need to stick to straight bets as I am now 6-4 since I started making picks two weeks ago. I was right on the Ohio St, Oklahoma and Nebraska while missed covering on LSU and was just straight wrong on Virginia - Florida St. So here's my 5 picks of the week for this week:

Northern Illinois -10 @ Kent State

NIU has two great RB's in Wolfe and Harris and have played a lot of teams very tough this year, including the near upset of Northwestern when Coach Joe Novak decided to go for two at the end of regulation as opposed to playing for OT. Kent State has had problems all year long and I don't see it stopping here, the Huskies in a rout.

Michigan State @ Northwestern - Over 70

Both squads known for their offense and not their defense, neither D can stop the other O so it should be another Northwestern shootout, like the ones they've had all year long.

Oregon State @ UCLA - Over 64.5

It's the Pac 10, UCLA has scored 40 or more 5 of their 6 games and Oregon State has put up 30+ in 5 of their 6, 40+ in 4 of 6 so I expect them both to light up the scoreboard.

Arizona State -9.5 @ Stanford

Stanford is awful, they lost to a I-AA team this season and Arizona State can light up the board at any given moment. I expect Keller to have a big day and the Sun Devils to take this one going away.

Vanderbilt +8 @ South Carolina

Both teams have been struggling but I don't think Vandy is as bad as they've shown the past few weeks. Jay Cutler was named preseason All-SEC QB for a reason and I think he starts living up to that again this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home