.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, October 16, 2006

That's what I'm talkin about

Coming off the disappointing 7-5 season last year and looking at this year's schedule I know I wasn't the only Michigan fan that was expecting a few losses along the way. Most notably what stood out were the 3 road games at Notre Dame, at Penn State and at Ohio State. I didn't make preseason predictions for the entire schedule like I did last year because, well look at the type of year we had and I didn't want to be part of the cause for a repeat, yes I know I am overly superstitious. But had I done so I probably would have put all 3 games as potential losses, I was so wrong and I can't be happier about it. Take care of business against Iowa this week and then I can start thinking about what body parts I would need to sell to be in Columbus on Nov. 18th.

What more is there to say about the Michigan defense last night than DAMN!!! The final score was not indicative of how the game played out. I was extremely worried about this game coming in because it was on the road and at night making it that much tougher as the crowd would be louder and crazier than normal since they would have all day and night to get liquored up. After watching the Ohio State-Penn State game last year that is what I expected and was definitely concerned with how our team would deal with the hostile crowd. In the first couple of drives you could see that the crowd did have some effect on the offense, but eventually they settled down.

I always want to defer so we can get the ball back at the start of the 2nd half so I was happy to see us kick off to begin the game. Then after allowing a big return giving the pumped up crowd even more to get excited about, the defense set the tone for the game by holding Penn State to a missed FG. I believe that was the key of the game, by not giving the crowd any more ammunition it allowed our team to eventually take the crowd out of the game. I've read from various message boards that the crowd was taken out of it once we took the 10-0 lead in the 2nd quarter.

I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already. The D is dominant, Arrington and Breaston stepped up when they needed to and Mike Hart was Mike Hart. I couldn't be more proud of this team and this program right now the way last year played out and how we have come back this year. If you haven't already you should head over and read MGoBlog and RBUAS, who both have posted a great picture and because it pretty much sums up the game so I have to post it as well.

Yeah, that says it all. Go Blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home