.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, October 06, 2006

Picks of the Week

Well after my last post on internet gambling it hasn't affected the site that I use for my bets so I'm going to play again this week and we'll see what happens, since there is supposed to be a 270 day grace period and the site has not shut down service to US customers as others have. If you followed my picks last week you made out great with a 6-1 record, which brings the season total to 17-10. So here goes nothing:

Wisconsin -20.5 vs. Northwestern: The Badgers came out firing on all cylinders as they ruined Terry Hoeppner's return from brain surgery last week and rolled all over Indiana. I expect a similar type performance this time at home against the Wildcats who have struggled all year long.

Illinois -8 vs. Indiana: The Fighting Illini come off their first conference win in over a year and I expect them to keep it rolling with true freshman QB Juice Williams at the helm over an Indiana team that has not looked good at all this season. The Juice will be loose and running all over the Hoosiers.

Washington State -3.5 @ Oregon State: Wazzou is coming off a tough, close loss to USC at home 28-22. They get to take their frustrations out on the Beavers who were annihilated at home by California and I expect them to suffer another blowout loss.

West Virginia -21 @ Mississippi State: The Mountaineers coming off of a bye and a lackluster performance against East Carolina travel to Starkville to take on the struggling Bulldogs. Steve Slaton should get back on track and have a huge game and West Virginia should win going away.

Iowa State +240 vs. Nebraska: This is the gamble of the week, Iowa State gets 6.5 points which you could take but since I don't know how much longer I will have to gamble I'm gonna take the money line and pick the Cyclones straight up. The Cornhuskers have not looked good at all this year, especially in allowing Kansas to come back in Lincoln and take them to OT. Iowa State will be fired up for the night home game and I'm picking ISU in the upset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home