.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, October 13, 2006

Picks of the Week

Back again to Picks of the Week, last week was ok going 3-2 putting my season record at 20-12.

Wisconsin -8 vs Minnesota - the Badgers, after opening up Big Ten play with a loss at Michigan, have rolled to two big wins, albeit over Indiana and Northwestern. They are at home this week playing a Minnesota team coming off of a missed XP loss in OT to Penn State which also included a questionable pass interference call on 4th down that would have ended the game. Minnesota will not be able to stop P.J. Hill which will also set up some opportunities for John Stocco and the Badgers roll.

Ohio State -14 @ Michigan State - the Buckeyes return to conference play after their break against Bowling Green last week. Ohio State has too much for the Spartans who are in the middle of their usual collapse after a devastating loss, this year to Notre Dame, and I don't see them recovering.

Arizona -3.5 @ Stanford - Arizona isn't a great team but Stanford may be the worst team in America, I don't understand why since they do have some decent players with Trent Edwards and Mark Bradford but they are one of the few winless teams in America and I expect it to stay that way.

Missouri -2 @ Texas A&M - The Tigers are 6-0 for the first time in forever with Chase Daniel leading the way. Coming off a win in Lubbock at Texas Tech, Missouri looks to continue their streak against the Aggies. A&M is coming off a close win at Kansas after a loss at home to Texas Tech. The Tigers just beat the Red Raiders at their place while the Aggies lost to the Red Raiders at home. I know in sports just because A>B and B>C that A>C but in this case I believe it is and I like Missouri to win.

Fresno State +155 vs. Hawaii - after starting the season strong with a win against Nevada followed by close losses to Oregon and Washington, the wheels have come off for Pat Hill's Bulldogs. But I like home underdogs and I know Fresno State is better than they are playing so I'm taking the Bulldogs SU with the money line. I think the odds are too good to pass up. Whenever a team play Hawaii there's always discussion about adjusting to Hawaii, well you could say the same thing about Hawaii when they have to come over to the mainland. You could play it safe by taking the 4 points but I expect Fresno State to get back on track so I'm taking them outright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home