.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I had a post on the NBA draft lottery and all that stuff planned out but I haven't been able to finish it up with all I've got to do at work. Thankfully I moved departments and don't have to work the whole weekend which I would have had to do if I didn't get transferred. Just got a couple of quick takes before I take off for the weekend.
  • Raja Bell is hurt and will not play tonight for Phoenix. What goes around comes around Raja. He is a scumbag and I have no respect for him whatsoever, after that stunt he pulled against Kobe in Game 5 he is one of my most hated athletes, I won't get into how much just know that he better hope he never runs into me.
  • Coaches in Connecticut HS Football will be suspended if they win by more than 50 points. First off this is just stupid because sometimes you can't help it to win by that much. Are coaches to be penalized if they put their 3rd string team in and they score? Sure there are some instances where coaches run it up and those should be handled on a case by case basis but to generalize and say that all 50+ point wins will end up with a suspension is ridiculous. Other states have a running clock if the point differential is high but they rejected that because they "thought it would unfairly cut into backups' playing time." That reasoning is just stupid, you are penalizing backups by not allowing them to really play if they are putting these point restrictions on them.
  • Korea wins 2-0 in a World Cup tuneup over Bosnia. Definitely cannot wait for the World Cup coming up in a couple of weeks. There are high expectations for Korea this time around compared to last year since they reached the Final Four in 2002, we'll see how they fare in fulfilling those expectations.
  • Jersey List is updated, now up to 62 with the addition of my new Randy Moss Jersey.

Good luck to the Michigan Baseball and Softball teams as they try to advance to their respective College World Series this weekend. Let's Go Blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home