.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hell Yeah!!!!

Who's the real MVP???


What a day, I've been exhausted from this week of work as I worked a ridiculous amount but damn was it all worth it. I had tickets to the game on Friday which I had to sell due to work but forunately i was able to get to Sunday's game, even though I still had to work in the morning today. I was lucky enough to be in attendance at today's unbelievable Lakers game where Kobe Bryant, who didn't have a great game today as he had to deal with foul trouble, but he came up big in the end because that's what he does. Name another player you would rather take a shot at the end of the game than KB.

If you had told me coming into this series that Kobe would be averaging in the low 20's 4 games into the series I would have assumed either the Lakers would have been down 3-1 or have been swept. But the supporting cast has come up huge in helping out and now the Lakers are up 3-1 ready to close out the #2 seed Suns. It shows how much the team has progressed under Coach Jackson and it really proves how great of a coach he is. Many people bring up the fact that he's had the best players but on this team, many people did not expect this team to make the playoffs, much less be in this position to advance to the next round.

I've been fortunate to have been in attendance at the best Lakers playoff games of recent memory and it's tough to determine where this falls on the list. I was there for Game 7 against Portland and also for Game 4 against Sacramento, the Horry shot so it's tough to say where this ranks on all-time Lakers playoff games. Can't forget the Fisher 0.4 shot from a few years back as well. I'm just glad that I have been lucky enough to be there in person for all these great Lakers games.

Echoing Kobe's sentiments this playoff run is much more fun because the Lakers were not expected to be in this position. No one expected the Lakers to be in the playoffs, much less one win away from advancing to the 2nd round. Even though I have tickets to Game 6 as well I really don't want to have to use them. I'd much rather have the Lakers just close the series out in Phoenix. After the game I had a celebratory BBQ and a few drinks to enjoy the win even more. I'm still running through these plays in my mind as part of me can't fathom that I really witnessed what I did today. I know I said I'd have my draft recap up but the Lakers have taken over for now. I haven't had a chance yet to look in depth at the picks from the 2nd day of the draft so I'll have that draft review up later. Until then I'm going to enjoy this win because it has been one of the best I've ever witnessed as a Lakers fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home