.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh my goodness

For most people, this doesn't mean much but to me it means a lot. It is being reported that Kobe Bryant will be changing his jersey number to 24. I am a jersey collector, my collection currently runs around 60 deep and growing slower than it did before since I am getting older and I realize I can't wear jerseys all the time anymore. But still this is big news considering I currently own 7 Kobe jerseys, off the top of my head, I might have 8.

I was planning on writing my recap of my trip to the Clippers game last night as well as some more thoughts on tomorrow's Lakers matchup but the Ryan Mallett story as well as this Kobe changing numbers has taken over the top stories in my book. Kobe wore number 24 originally in high school until he changed to 33 which is what his dad wore. This means I have to go buy another jersey when this one hits the stores. Yes I have a jersey problem I am not afraid to admit it. It really hit me a couple weeks ago when I was out shopping for some regular clothes and I found a polo shirt I thought was nice but then I cringed when I saw the $75 price tag on it, it was an outlet store so it ended up being $40 so I bought it. But anyways, had I seen the $75 tag on a jersey that I wanted to get I would have purchased it without hesitation. Yeah I know my train of thought is really messed up, at least I've got it somewhat in check now otherwise I'd probably have over 100 jerseys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home