.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, November 14, 2005

Now only two remain...

For the people like me who can't stand the BCS and want there to be change in college football Saturday was the end, for this season at least, barring a collapse by either one of the top two teams coming into the season. Chances are it could happen considering never in the history of the BCS have the top 2 teams gone wire to wire but this year seems like the year the streak will end. I can still hope that either Fresno State or UCLA will knock off USC, but I doubt it will happen. Maybe Texas A&M could upset Texas to cause a frenzy among the 1 loss teams but can't expect that either. I don't know where I'm going with this but all I know is I want a playoff within the structure of the bowl system but I doubt I'll ever see that in my lifetime.

Great weekend of games as usual as the SEC was upset city with the lower ranking team winning a lot of those games in that conference. Steve Spurrier was able to defeat his old squad and LSU knocked Alabama from the rank of the unbeatens. The best game was the Auburn-Georgia game though, for those that did not watch it you missed out. An unbelievable game, made that much better by being broadcast in HD, the one good thing about the CBS SEC game is that it is always broadcast in HD, if only ABC would start doing it as well.

1 Comments:

  • I hear your point and that's the view of my brother as well. For a while I used to be completely in the playoff boat but now I'm turning back more towards the bowl system because you are right, the bowls are what makes college football so special. The regular season "is the playoff" as many people like to argue.

    It's just I would like to see it played on the field. Granted maybe not a full fledge playoff like I used to want but something in between. I think a large reason for my wanting a playoff is because I think it would help Michigan in that we would be in the hunt more often and could win an NC or two because it seems we always lose to bad teams we shouldn't early on and then roll through the end of the year when we could compete with anybody. Case and point the 1999 season with Tom Brady, if there was a playoff at that point I think we could've taken it.

    I wish there was some happy medium but I can't think of one at this point. But I am leaning more back towards to let's just go to the old school way, New Years Day Big Ten-Pac 10 and let all the other stuff play out, it's a MNC like it used to be and a bunch of schools can make claims at it. I remember after 97 I had arguments with people at my school since some were saying that Nebraska would've beaten Michigan, which they totally wouldn't have.

    By Blogger Kenny, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home