.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, November 11, 2005

What the hell is a Hoosier?

The Indiana Hoosiers come into town tomorrow with 4 wins and needing two out of two to make a bowl in Terry Hoeppner's first season in Bloomington. The Hoosiers best chance comes in the form of James Hardy a big WR who could cause some problems but due to his injuries I doubt he'll make much of an impact. Although Michigan could come slow out the gate due to the bye week I don't think it will be a problem since the team should know we are still fighting for a Big Ten Title. I bet most of the week has focused on Ohio State which it should and I don't expect this game to be that close. Barring some sort of meltdown, which would cause me to experience a similar meltdown, I can't imagine this game being that close. Indiana probably will cover but not by much since the spread is now at 24.5. The Hoosiers did keep it close for a while against Ohio State and I expect a similar situation as IU will hang around for a quarter and a half or so until we pull away.

I'm not gonna get too far ahead of myself for fear of jinxing us, although some may say I already have, but the main thing is Lamarr Woodley and Mike Hart haven't played the past two games and I don't think they should play much if at all this week either. I understand the philosophy of wanting to get them some game action to get back into it but I do not believe there should be any extended playing time for these two for fear of reaggravating whatever was bothering them in the first place. We will definitely need those two when the Bucknuts come to town and there's no need to risk them this week. Give Grady, Jackson and Martin some more carries and give Mike maybe 5-10 carries at most, and I don't even want to do that.

Step 1 of the most unlikely Michigan BCS team ever takes place on Saturday, beat the Hoosiers, step 2 we need the Hawkeyes to beat the Badgers in Madison, on Alvarez's last home game, doubtful but I can hope and we're halfway there, as always Go Blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home