.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Drinking Weekend

Friday night after work my parents wanted to celebrate my officially getting my customs broker license so we had a nice dinner at home with drinking a new bottle of Johnnie Walker Green, which is aged 15 years so right between the Black and the Gold. A very good drink, nice and smooth and I drank a lot of it. As we were nearing the end of dinner Steven's friends started showing up so they all started drinking with us and then we went and bought some more drinks and had more people show up later. I ended up passing out pretty early at like 1 or so.

Saturday didn't do much except play video games until the late afternoon when I had to get my weekend workout in, which I haven't been doing lately but I need to consistently start doing again. Played a bunch of Madden Rushing Attack which is really fun to play. Especially when I won 18 times in a row with LaDainian Tomlinson, sorry Chandler and then people started showing up and started drinking some Ketel One and watching Jay-Z's Fade to Black. For hip-hop fans its a definite must have DVD, it shows his last concert at MSG along with clips of him in the studio actually making the album with the producers and all the behind the scenes stuff that goes into making a record.

Woke up early on Sunday for our Fantasy Football Draft. With 14 teams this year it will be a much tougher road to the championship but it will definitely be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I got the #5 pick, right in no mans land if you're not 1 or 2 this year you might as well be at the lower end of the draft and at 5 went the safe route and took the Edge, Edgerrin James. Afterwards we got some BBQ stuff and started grilling. Then we played some poker for a while for a couple hours before everyone went home. A good weekend with a lot of fun with my friends who I don't see very often anymore and Fantasy Football Draft weekend is the only thing that brings everyone together in one place.

Gonna hit the gym hard this week since I'm going to have to make up for this upcoming weekend in Vegas. Hopefully it can be as successful if not more than last trip. Only 18 days left until kick off so with that I'll leave you with the new #18 Antonio Bass. An incoming true freshman Antonio was a 4 star recruit who was a QB in HS but will become a WR in college. Coach Carr was upfront with him since the beginning about bringing him in as a WR and he believed in him, the other schools who were trying to get him to come in as a QB and then move him to WR once he was in the program. Much like James Banks who we were recruiting years ago and Tennesee took him in and later converted him to a WR after promising him time as a QB. Enough of the rant, here he is part of the 3 new WR's that have joined the program and will carry on the legacy of the WR at the University of Michigan, Antonio Bass...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home