.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm Back

Starting in April they started blocking all non-work related internet during the day so I haven't had a chance to sit down and update as much. Nothing of note really, the usual daily grind and I've gotta start getting serious again with my diet. Coming into the end of March I had lost about 50 pounds from my diet which started back in June/July of last year. Then I went to Vegas and went wild and then wasn't keeping as strict on what I should and shouldn't eat and also got lazier with my exercises which didn't help matters. I gained a few pounds back but the past week I've been keeping a tighter lid on what I'm eating and how I'm working out so I've lost that but now I have to get serious cause I'm only about halfway there to my ultimate goal, maybe even a little more, we'll see when we get there.

Last weekend finally got my dubs put in, yeah they are a little on the small side but when you're given them for free I can't really complain. The gap between the tires and the car seems too big so I think I have to lower it or get some new springs or something, any car people out there know what I should do? It's a 2003 GMC Yukon and I don't want to spend a shitload of money doing it either.

This weekend got hammered on both Friday and Saturday, not good for my diet but I went to the gym on Saturday and I'll make up for it throughout the week. Friday was work related we all went out and ate and drank a lot of soju, it was a lot of fun with all my co-workers getting wasted, pretty funny too. Saturday we went out to LA because it was BJ's birthday so we all first rolled up to Davin's house to pre-party and then went out in LA, something I normally don't do because I have a rule that I pretty much refuse to go to places where I'm not allowed in without a jersey but I made an exception this time. I had a better time than I expected and got really drunk in the process. So drunk in fact that at the end of the night I had to puke but thanks to that I didn't have a hangover in the morning. Went to eat Pho with all the guys that went out on Saturday today and just been hanging out at home ever since.

The Lakers are eliminated from the playoffs, pretty much like I preferred due to the fact that we need help and a lottery pick should be able to bring in some help for the team and because if we got in as the 7 or 8 seed we would've been eliminated in the first round which is a waste anyways and because of the Payton-Mihm trade if we had made the playoffs our pick would have gone to Boston but it is lottery protected this year so we can hope to win the lottery and bring Andrew Bogut to LA. Hope to have a draft analysis up once we get the lottery figured out.

The Dodgers are on fire to start the year, although they lost today to Arizona they are 4-2 and playing much better than I anticipated. JD Drew has been a disappointment but he finally picked up his first hit today so I hope that gets him kickstarted. Can't wait to finally go watch on Friday for Jackie Robinson Action Statue night.

The Masters was a great watch today on TV, I know most people say golf is boring to watch on TV but today it was unbelievable. Chris DiMarco started today with a 4 stroke lead but by the time I started watching he was down 4 strokes, normally most people playing against Tiger Woods like that would have thrown in the towl but not DiMarco, he fought back and forced a playoff. Although he lost I gained a lot of respect for him and I am a big Chris DiMarco fan now.

Finally, a big shout out to the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, they got it done and won the NCAA Championship after a huge game by Sean May, he was just a beast that no one could handle. It was a great game to watch and who knows they may do it again next year because if May stays I think Raymond Felton will also. Rashad McCants has pretty much said he's gone and the wild card is Marvin Williams, if he stays too they would definitely be a favorite next year along with Tyler Hansborough coming in as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home