.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thoughts for a Thursday

Lakers with another big win on the road without Kobe. With it being a second night of a back to back I wouldn't have been surprised to see an L but guys keep stepping up which is great to see. This team has a lot of depth which definitely helps with the Mamba is out. Opening night it was Andrew Bynum and Maurice Evans, last night it was Ronny Turiaf. Turiaf was one of my favorite players to watch in college because he worked so hard and I was ecstatic to see him drafted by the Lakers and he's starting to show why. To think last year around this time he wasn't sure if he would be alive with his heart condition, much less playing in the NBA and contributing at that.

West Virginia-Louisville kicks off in about half an hour and don't get me wrong its a huge game but I really don't care about it too much. Probably because it starts at 4:30 pacific time meaning I'll still be at work for pretty much the first half, then having to drive home in the traffic means I'll get the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. It's crazy to think that a college football game of this importance is taking place on a Thursday night. There's another big one next week when Rutgers hosts Louisville so if the Cardinal pull it out tonight we get another unbeaten showdown next Thursday.

A lot has been made of Kirk Herbstreit's comments earlier this week but I don't see what the big fuss about it is. Sure calling someone worthless isn't the best of things but he's playing to his crowd on his Columbus radio show. Granted he is a Buckeye but I've never had a problem with him ESPN, he's better than most, if not all of the analysts on the network. People are a bit more fired up now that the impending Game of the Millenium is only 2 weeks from happening, especially Michigan fans because they feel their team is being disrespected in the media. Sure not many are giving the Wolverines a chance but I love that role, we've been there before, Coach Carr has been there before and I know this team will give all they have on that field in Columbus and I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home