.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, October 27, 2006

Picks of the Week

Last week was ok going 2-1, was hoping to get all 3 but I forgot how bad of a team Oregon is away from home when they don't get all the calls. That brings the season total to 25-15, for the first time this week I'm throwing in an NFL game as well.

Texas -10.5 @ Texas Tech - The Longhorns coming off the thrilling 2 point win over Nebraska last week, will be too much for the Red Raiders to handle. I expect Texas to roll easy.

Northern Illinois +16 @ Iowa - Iowa will be without starting QB Drew Tate who underwent thumb surgery this week. The Hawkeyes looked awful last time they had to count on their backup QB when they struggled to an OT win over Syracuse, Garrett Wolfe and the Huskies should make a game of it.

Wake Forest -8.5 @ North Carolina - Wake Forest has been one of the surprises of the year as they are only a couple of plays away from being undefeated after dominating Clemson for a large portion of their game. The Tar Heels on the other hand are one of the worst teams in Division I-A. They have one win on the year and that is against Division I-AA Furman and that win was only by 3 points. John Bunting has been fired so the team could come out fired up but I doubt it.

Arkansas State - 7 @ Florida Atlantic - I don't know why I picked this game, I had a couple of Arkansas State RB's on my college fantasy team last year, and I know Florida Atlantic is pretty bad so I just went with it. Probably not highly recommended but I did hit a parlay earlier this year in which the other ASU was a part of.

New England -2 @ Minnesota - normally I don't bet NFL games, but I just like this one for some reason. I wouldn't bet against Tom Brady and the Pats, especially at -2. Without fantasy football or betting I probably wouldn't watch the NFL so it'll give me a reason to watch Monday Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home