.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Monday, October 30, 2006

What more could you ask for?

Michigan took care of business with the 17-3 win over Northwestern on Saturday to improve to 9-0 on the year and continue the collision course with Ohio State on November 18th. Sure it wasn't pretty and it does have me concerned but there is no need for all the "there's no way we can win" talk that is going around. I'm sure part of it has to do with the disappointment of last year so people are trying to soften the blow if we cannot take care of business in Columbus but considering where this team was last year I think we, as fans need to enjoy it a lot more than many are doing.

I've stated before last year's team caused me to become the pessimistic, glass half-empty type fan as the pain from all the losses mounted last season. I am not saying that this team does not have its problems, I admit there are some things I would like to see changed, namely the predictability on offense and I'm not ready to make the excuse that it was all about the weather or playing it safe with constant running to the left side. I'm somewhere in between the spectrum but more towards the glass half full side.

We have seen this earlier this season when the team used a very vanilla offense to get through Vandy and Central Michigan to unleash the fury on Notre Dame. Part of me is with the group that thinks that this is the case again, while the other part of me is with the group that says there's nothing to hide at this point in the season and the team should be going all out.

Anyone that thinks Michigan has no chance on November 18th because we are just getting by with wins while Ohio State is rolling through their opponents is mistaken. Sure I would love to see the team just demolish opponents every week but with the injury situation and the need to rest some guys I know that will not happen and I'm fine with that. There's no need to panic, this team has done much more than any Michigan fan has expected this year and I know that come November 18th the team will play it's best game of the year and show everyone what this team is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home