.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Thursday, September 14, 2006

And now the real season begins

The warmups are out of the way and now it's time for the first big game of the year. Michigan comes into Saturday's matchup at #2 Notre Dame as the underdog and with most of the national media picking against us, and I wouldn't want it any other way. You can watch film of the first two games for both teams, you can analyze their opponents and you can debate strengths and weaknesses of both teams but none of that will matter come Saturday. This is one of the best rivalries in college football and I hate to use a cliche but you truly can throw the records out when Michigan meets Notre Dame.

Most of the media is all over Notre Dame and their return to glory for the 80th time so not many people are giving Michigan a chance and that is when we play our best. I know this team can prove all the doubters wrong and get the job done in South Bend. I've been trying to keep it low key this week so I don't get too worked up too early which I have had problems in the past for big games but now it's starting to creep up on me. I haven't written up a preview of the game because I didn't want to get too crazy too early but now it's starting to hit me that tomorrow night I will take that red eye from LAX to DTW where my ride will be waiting for me to hop in and head down to South Bend.

There's not much else to say, there has been plenty written about and I've read every possible preview. It's time for Michigan to show the nation that we have not fallen off anywhere, that we are still Michigan and still a force to be reckoned with. I believe in this team and I know they can do it. Let's Go Blue! Beat Notre Dame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home