.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Not much goin on

Work's been slow lately so I've been opening up blogger to write some updates but everytime I get to it another World Cup game is showing on ESPN360 so I end up watching that. I love ESPN for this as I can now watch all these games at work.

The NBA draft is tomorrow I've read a lot of different ways the Lakers could go. They could move up or stay where they're at. According to different reports the Lakers are high on Brandon Roy, I am very high on him as well but I think it's a smokescreen much like Gerald Green was used last year. The other potential move up target is Jamison Brewer. If the Lakers are to stay put there are a number of options there for them. If we go with a guard I'd like to get Quincy Douby or Maurice Ager. Jordan Farmar would be good too but I don't expect him to be there when the Lakers pick at 26. If we were to go big I would definitely take gamble on Leon "The Show" Powe. The question with him is his injury history as one more could end his career.

I had heard rumors about a big time trade for the Dodgers involving Cesar Izturis and prospects for Dontrelle Willis but I highly doubt that would happen, it would be dope as hell to see the D-Train in Dodger Blue though. The Dodgers did make a trade today though involving Jae Seo and Dioner Navarro along with a player to be named for Mark Hendrickson and Toby Hall. I think this is a very good move for the Dodgers as it adds a lefty to the rotation as well as giving us a good catcher in Hall. The moves probably aren't done yet so we'll see where it goes from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home