.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Welcome to the Big Ten Network

The Big Ten announced today that they have reached an agreement on a 10-year contract with ESPN and ABC. In addition they announced the formation of a new cable channel which will be dedicated to the Big Ten, that will be done as a partnership with Fox Cable. There had been talk about this new Big Ten Network forming with Fox and that brought concern among many Michigan fans as it could have signaled the end of the relationship between the Big Ten and ESPN/ABC. Thankfully that will not be the case as the Big Ten will still be on ESPN Gameplan which is what most fans were worried about. Being on the West Coast, there are a few games that I can only get via Gameplan and it would have been devastating not to be able to get them had the Big Ten completely switched to Fox. Thankfully that's not something we will have to worry about. Michigan Sports Center has more on the announcement.

Unfortunately the Heat won the NBA Title last night. Unfortunate because there are a number of people on that team that do not deserve championships and I am disappointed to see it happen. Players like Antoine Walker and Jason Williams should be nowhere near that trophy. I didn't watch the post game comments but apparently Shaq said some stupid things and I'm glad I didn't hear them because I would probably hate him more than I already do since he barely contributed to this championship, without the Flash he gets nowhere near this trophy. The only person I'm truly glad to see win is D Wade since he is one of my favorite players. But even so he got so many calls it's ridiculous. No one else in the L gets as many calls as D Wade. Ok, now I'm done with that now that basketball is over there isn't much left to keep me from going into full College Football mode, just the World Cup and maybe the Dodgers.

As always, Ron Bellamy's Underachieving All Stars has another great post which you should read if you haven't already.

1 Comments:

  • Living in Seattle, I was really worried too, but this deal appears to be even better. The regional ABC games will be shown on ESPN/ESPN2 so we here on the best coast can see them for free. Hopefully I can save a few bucks on monthly ESPN Gameplan costs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home