.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And I thought Michigan-Ohio State, Dodgers-Giants was bad

Picked this up from Sunday Morning QB where a bet from the Clemson-South Carolina game ended up in murder, and the bet was $20 at that. I've always taken college football and my sports teams very seriously probably beyond what most people consider normal behavior. I used to live with my teams like it was life and death, but now as I've grown up I still take losses hard but I don't go into a shell like I used to. Stories like this make me realize that no matter how important it is to me it's still a game, and for someone to get killed over a $20 bet on a game is ridiculous. At least Clemson-South Carolina will keep the most violent rivalry tag as this comes on the heels of their brawl a couple years back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home