.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Westsider Rider

Friday, October 26, 2007

Picks of the Week

With the downswing I've taken lately a winning 3-2 week looks great, although it was one FG away from being 4-1. That brings the season total to 23-19 and here's this weeks picks:

Oregon -3 vs. USC - After seeing Oregon demolish opponents week after week and putting up points in bunches I am continually impressed by their performances. With USC coming to Autzen, I believe they will be pumped and ready to go, especially knowing that this game could give them an even greater argument at why they belong in the National Championship race.

West Virginia -6 @ Rutgers - As I've said all along West Virginia is a horse I've rode all year long, except their one loss against South Florida which I sat out, and I'm not going to bail on them now. They have been impressive in all their wins not only covering but doing so by the smallest of margins to make it tough on their bettors. With that said I fully expect a WVU win by 7 in the last minute just to make me sweat it out.

South Carolina +125 @ Tennessee - The Gamecocks are coming off their upset loss to Vandy and they should be fired up and ready to go. Throw in Steve Spurrier's rivalry with Tennessee and Phil Fulmer and the Cocks should take this game. Tennessee has not been impressive at all this year and the Volunteer faithful will be coming for his job after this one's done.

Washington State +190 vs. UCLA - This may be a surprising pick but it follows along with UCLA and how they do things. They'll win a big game like they did last week only to come out and lay an egg this week. There have been numerous reports that the focus in practice thsi week was nothing like it was against Cal and I completely believe it. Throw in the fact that it is a road game at the Paloose where the Bruins have struggled in recent years, only 1-5 against them in the last 6 years and the one loss was a miracle come back win two years ago, and I fully expect the let down to occur in Pullman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home